Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Peter Louis van Dijk" <plvdijk@i...>
Date:  Sun May 21, 2000  3:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary]getting jobs--repertoire

>> In a message dated 05/19/2000 10:11:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
>> kandahar@i... writes:
>>
>> << On this topic, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a repertoire
> list
>> for funerals.

At the moment, I seem to be the singer of choice in this here town,
especially when several people within a community pass away in close
succession.

Favourites include: The Holy City (especially if the deceased was a
Believer)
Agnus Dei (Mozart)
Ave Maria(Schubert) Definitely the most
popular, regardless of denomination.

I've playfully considered having cards printed with: "Von der Krippe bis zur
Baare,

Singt Van Dijk Dir Ave Mare" :)

tr(from the cradle to the grave)
And then there is "Swing low, sweet Chariot".

I suppose one has to have a bit of humor, or one would not be able to sing,
but I am always aware of the important role one plays in creating the
atmosphere in which families and friends say farewell to loved ones.

Regards
Susi
CT RSA

emusic.com