Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lana Mountford" <l.s.mountford@a...>
Date:  Sun Mar 24, 2002  4:16 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Musical Theater

Jennifer, the University of Kansas offers a BFA in Theatre and Voice,
a joint degree offered by the School of Humanities (Department of
Theatre and Film) and the School of Fine Arts (Department of Music).
Its focus is, naturally, musical theater. :-) I'm a bit partial, but
I believe it's an excellent program. Mandy Patinkin thought so,
too -- he was a student there at the same time I was (early/mid-70s).
I was doing a piano performance major, but I did some theater as well.
OK, Lawrence isn't a huge metropolis, but you might have more
opportunities for performance, and I know the program is
well-respected outside of the midwest.

All the best!

Lana

A A