Vocalist.org archive

From:  "tugba ." <tugba81tr@h...>
Date:  Sat Mar 23, 2002  9:51 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Is something wrong?

hi.
Thanks for your reply and sorry for the misunderstanding .First of all, I
dont know how to warm up my voice.
And isn't there any etudes or that kind of tecnical studies for the
vocalists?(just like the piano etudes) İs it enough to warm up your voice
and sing to improve your tecnique?
Maybe it's a better way to ask what kind of exercises you did before singing
your first arie antiche.
Or maybe I should ask like this: Where and how did you get your tecnical
background?
I hope I could explain it this time. The only problem isn't my language,
It's also my "little knowledge" about this branch.

Thanks again
Tugba

>From: "Laura Ruiz" <laura@l...>
>To: <vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [vocalist] Is something wrong?
>Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 13:04:06 -0800
>
>Hi there,
>imho, you shouldn't sing *any* music until you've warmed up your voice.
>You should be able to just continue doing the warm-up exercises your
>teacher had you start out with for that first month and use that as a
>foundation to warm up on, then go on and work on the songs once your
>voice is all set to go.
>
>Perhaps I misunderstood your question. Are you saying that your teacher
>is no longer warming you up in your lessons and you go straight to
>singing the songs? If this is the case, simply consider warming
>yourself up on the way to your lesson so you're ready to begin singing
>when you walk in the door.
>
>Just my thoughts.
>
>Laura

18216 Re: Is something wrong?Laura Ruiz   Sun  3/24/2002
18221 Re: Is something wrong?Ms Christine Zimmermann   Sun  3/24/2002
18223 Re: Is something wrong?Trevor Allen   Sun  3/24/2002

emusic.com