Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun May 21, 2000  5:10 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary]getting jobs--repertoire

In a message dated 05/20/2000 9:54:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
lankeny@w... writes:

<< On the same topic of funerals. Is your list usually used in church or
funeral home? I usually sing in a church because have been unable to figure
out how to get jobs in funeral homes. Your list is close to what I use in a
Roman Catholic funeral, but I would add Panis Angelicus, which is not
requested as much as Ave Maria. >>

It's usually funeral homes, but sometimes the homes will send me to a church
or a hospital chapel. See, I've never been asked for Panis... I sent
letters out to all the funeral homes in the Milwaukee area. Only one uses me
... but that one is enough. I did three funerals this week!

< >>

If you sing at the VA Hospital Chapel, it's particularly appropriate...

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Oh, I got plenty Akhnaten, Akhnaten's plenty for me" :)

emusic.com