Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Mar 20, 2002  7:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Argh another problem

In a message dated 03/20/2002 10:59:54 AM Central Standard Time,
LeaAnn@k... writes:

<< So...I am just going to wait until I hear from her..and I will let her
know that I am under NO circumstances going to do the studio recital and that
I need technical work...she needs to make sure I am in head voice...those are
my wants at the moment >>

And you're right. Don't do the recital. You're new to her studio, and you
may want to opt to wait till you feel that you have gotten a good hold on
what it is she's giving you technically. From what you've said about her, I
can't imagine that this would have any negative repercussions. If it does,
well ... would you rather sing under duress now and continue with her feeling
negatively about feeling pressured to sing, or would you rather stick to your
guns and not have that pressure?

As far as what she should or shouldn't have done, perhaps the complications
were unexpected. Especially if she had 2 deliveries previously that were
uncomplicated. Perhaps she is learning, as I have, that she CAN'T do it all
- we all come to that eventually, and usually it's because of situations just
like this.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18140 Soprano as EvitaMilena Sertich Grubor   Wed  3/20/2002
18144 Re: Soprano as EvitaKaren Mercedes   Thu  3/21/2002

emusic.com