Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omi@u...>
Date:  Wed Mar 20, 2002  4:38 pm
Subject:  Re: Argh another problem

Lea Ann wrote:

>>> I do not really know what her medical situation is as she hasn't shared
>>>it with me, but I do know she NEVER returned my phone call regarding my
>>>throat being sore EVERY time I sing. My previous phone messages to her
>>>were returned a week later. Apparently my last phone call won't be
>>>returned at all. Maybe I am insensitive but that sort of makes me
>>>unhappy with her. <<<

I can understand your frustration Lea Ann, especially because of the
problems you had with your former teacher. I'd like to suggest, though,
that you do your best to be understanding with your new teacher. Pregancy
is no picnic, especially when bed rest is prescribed. She is possibly very
distracted and worried about her health and the baby's. The pressures on
her may be greater than you know, especially if she has other children at
home already who are needing her attention. It's also possible that some
of the resentment you feel now is actually leftover feelings from the bad
situation you just got out of with your former teacher, and I would hate to
see you poison the relationship with the new teacher because of things that
are not her fault.

Just my armchair psychologist's two cents, if that.

Naomi

emusic.com