Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun May 21, 2000  1:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] [Fwd: looking for recital rep]

Geraldine Consoli wrote:

> I am hoping for a few suggestions of songs I could include in a short
> recital that will be combined with some solo piano and one or two poetry
> readings. This is to be held at our village school in October and as it
> is a rural parish on the edge of the Fens in Cambridgeshire I thought a
> sort of "cow pat" theme might be suitable. We are also situated next to
> the Great Ouse river and it would be lovely to select music that could
> tie in with our locality I think.

Since you're next to a river, perhaps Schubert's song "Die Forelle" (The Trout)
would be
nice. The tune should be familiar (as it's the basis for one of the movements
in his
"Trout Quintet"), and I think the text is charming. If you wanted to do more
than one
Schubert song, you could add one of his "water" songs, like the gorgeous "Auf
dem Wasser
zu singen". If the foreign language is a problem, you could read a translation
of each
poem before you sing the song.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1818 Re: [Fwd: looking for recital rep] Lisa Miller   Sun  5/21/2000   2 KB

emusic.com