Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann Martin" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Tue Mar 19, 2002  12:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Argh another problem

Firstly I want to say thank you to Karen for her usual sensitive thoughtful
advice. I knew when I read her post she was right...I indeed have not been with
this teacher very long at all, and I will have no instruction with which to
prepare this music. It isn't fair to me at all...in fact it's ridiculous.

To top it all off with I have a technical problem that is actually making my
throat hurt (I think...it could be that I just have a chronic sore throat) and I
left a message on my teacher's answering machine regarding this problem about 4
days ago...she never called back.

So I am going to rest my throat....I just bought a keyboard so I will be able to
play my songs finally....and I may lightly sing along and learn them. But I am
not going to be stressed or pressured about a recital that is just a studio
recital. I understand that my teacher has bigger problems than my lessons at
the moment...but I wish she had made better plans for this. No matter really,
as I think I have made up my mind. It is ridiculous for her to suggest I do all
three peices with only my own instruction to guide me...especially when I have
never done a German language piece, and the English piece she suggested is not
appropriate...AND I have no Italian piece because of her veto of Voi Che
Sepate.....it's really just so silly to suggest I would even attempt to be ready
by the first weekend in May.

So thanks to all (again) for your wonderful suggestions....this is a real
pickle. Time will tell if this is a situation that will be workable for
me...someone with a new baby and two others at home may no longer even have time
to teach. Who knows?

Lea Ann

emusic.com