Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Mar 15, 2002  10:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Composition Software for Mac

Well, the really good stuff tends to run quite a bit higher in price
(e.g., Sibelius 2 is about $700, Finale/Allegro lists at $600, Encore at
$400). This said, there's quite a bit of shareware out there - and some of
it is actually good.

I've been playing around with a fairly good shareware program called
Melody Assistant, which you can read more about and download from here:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Melody_Assistant/

There are a couple of complementary packages that I haven't bothered with
because I use the software only to do transposing, not composing - but you
may also want to check out Harmony Assistant:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/harmonyassistant_mac/

And the very intriguing Virtual Singer, which uses a synthesized human
voice to make your Mac actually "sing" your composition:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/VirtualSinger_mac/

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
In all thy ways acknowledge him,