Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Karin Mandix" <kmx@m...>
Date:  Fri Mar 15, 2002  7:56 pm

Those of us that use the digest version can not delete single mails easily,
be it advertisements, off-topic, or just plain not-of-interest messages. We
usually get 25 messages bundled together in one mail. I very much appreciate
the efforts to cut down the length of the mails by not quoting entire
messages, and I don't want any more "page-down" material in the digests.

On a side note, being from "the rest of the world": Yes, I pay per minute.
Yes, spam is generally a problem here.

The reason that it seems to be the US listers that complain about spam may
be that they are quicker to respond. I, for one, can't respond until a) the
digest
is sent (25 mails have accumulated or whatever the rule is), and b) I
actually dial up to download it.
More often than not, a number of people have already responded,
and I don't want to send a message with something that has already been
said. This was the case with the current discussion.

Karin
kmx@m...

emusic.com