Vocalist.org archive

From:  <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Fri Mar 15, 2002  6:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] teaching hours

Sandra wrote:
<< I went back to work full time last year and am having trouble matching
myschedule up for lessons. I'm curious, what teaching hours do those of you who
teach keep? Anyone do early eve. or weekends?>>

I'm a student. Many adult students work during the day, so plenty of teachers
teach evenings and weekends. My teacher has three children, 2 still in
elementary school, so she teaches evenings until 6:30 (my time - I'm the last
lesson) only one day a week, and days only a couple of other days a week. She
has a couple of students with day jobs who have lunch-hour lessons (work is a
short drive from where the lesson is). Obviously, any new students she takes
don't have a chance at the evening slots unless one of us evening folks were to
stop taking lessons.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...