Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <rossicaio@h...>
Date:  Fri Mar 15, 2002  3:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 1079

Di:>There are a number of ISPs like this in Australia. You have a set
number of KBs you can download each month, and if you go over that, you pay
extra.It should be kept in mind that this is the WORLD wide web, and though
such things don't happen in America, they are quite common in other
countries.<

I think Autralian providers must pay to use their backbone per KBs too.
Differently from within the US, telephone calls are not so cheap in other
countries. I know that in Europe there are free-of-charge providers that get
paid by telephone companies. Here in Brazil there are three "systems": those
that you pay monthly for 24-hour access, completely free-of-charge providers
that intend to make money from commercials ( not very good service, and
practically only one of them has survived the dotcom debacle ), and many
banks that provide free access to those who hold an account with them... And
the lucky ones like me, who know the right people in the right providers and
pay absolutely nothing to use some of the best providers we have.

Caio

emusic.com