Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Thu Mar 14, 2002  5:32 pm

In a message dated 3/14/02 11:46:38 AM, laura@d... writes:

<< Can someone explain to me what the big deal
is? So the delete key is hit more often. I guess I'm just ignorant
here or something. >>

Maybe we all don't have as much time as you.

By the way, for me it's more than one step to delete "spam." I have to
highlight the message title, and hit the delete key. When a dialog box
appears asking whether I really want to delete the message in question, I
have to either click on the "Yes" button or hit the return key. Do it 40 or
50 times in a sitting and it adds up, particularly for a very busy person.

Like you, I get a very large quantity of email. Spam is scattered throughout
my messages, so I can rarely delete more than one or two spam messages at a
time. And I have to be very careful not to delete messages from clients,
family etc.

Plus, much of the spam (which I strongly suspect originates from Yahoo),
includes very hard core, highly offensive subjects. I'm no prude, but I don't
particularly enjoy opening my email in the morning and finding messages about
horny coeds in hot action with barnyard animals.

It's a pain in the you-know-what, invasive, offensive and a waste of valuable
time.

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17995 Re: ADMIN: vote on new Vocalist policyLaura Ruiz   Thu  3/14/2002
17999 Re: ADMIN: vote on new Vocalist policysilvergryphyn   Thu  3/14/2002
18000 Re: ADMIN: vote on new Vocalist policyJohn Link   Thu  3/14/2002
18004 Re: ADMIN: vote on new Vocalist policyLaura Ruiz   Thu  3/14/2002

emusic.com