Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Thu Mar 14, 2002  4:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] money note

In a message dated 3/14/2002 2:06:34 AM Central Standard Time,
Greypins@a... writes:

> to me, it is the 'climax' note in a piece. in a voice, it is that
> part of one's range that would be best devoted to a climax. some basses
> would speak of their lowest notes as money notes as those notes being where

Which is a good guide to picking your repertoire. It is amazing to observe
which pieces have just the right shape of a line to capitalize on which notes
really ring out naturally in your voice. For instance, "Ombra mai fu" 's and
"Iris Hence Away"'s tessituras and climaxes both suit my voice like a glove;
the low notes resonate freely and powerfully and the high notes take on a
life of their own, with a natural opulence. So, the less "work" I have to do;
I can just let it be what it is naturally. (Whereas, something like "Voi che
sapete", for instance, feels like work. . . you can also let feel be your
guide; the two will organically go hand in hand.)
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17990 Re: money noteEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Thu  3/14/2002
17991 Re: money noteJohn Link   Thu  3/14/2002
18011 Re: money noteKaren Mercedes   Thu  3/14/2002

emusic.com