Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Mar 14, 2002  2:38 pm

I've participated on other yahoogroups that actually set up a kind of file
server/archive to which the list members can go to read materials that
aren't exactly suitable (or are too long) for posting on the list itself.

Instead of posting the ads to the list, would it be possible to collect
them and put them up on a similar Vocalist "fileserver" on yahoo?

I get so much SPAM - and some of it is music-related, but it's still not
appreciated. I hate getting junk mail - even arts-related junk mail - in
my physical mailbox at home, and I hate even more getting junk email, no
matter the topic.

I would make an exception for emails that limit themselves to announcing a
URL one can visit by choice - with no more than 10 words or so explaining
the significance of that URL. Anything longer or more elaborate than that
doesn't belong in my email box or on our list, IMO.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:6

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17986 Re: ADMIN: vote on new Vocalist policyLaura Ruiz   Thu  3/14/2002
17988 Re: ADMIN: vote on new Vocalist policyJohn Link   Thu  3/14/2002
18012 Re: ADMIN: vote on new Vocalist policyKaren Mercedes   Thu  3/14/2002

emusic.com