Vocalist.org archive

From:  <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Mar 11, 2002  7:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] fun and light for a mezzo

Lea Ann wrote:
<<I tell you guys I am thinking that this recital isn't going to happen for
me...I have a month and a half, I have no music at all.
So at the moment I have nothing...and I will be learning this stuff by myself
for at least two weeks out of that month and a half because my teacher is going
to take two weeks off to have her baby. Perhpas I should just tell her I had
better wait til next year.>>

Frankly, when I read your first message - you're looking for new music AND your
teacher will be unavailable to you - I was thinking: what is the urgency about
doing this recital?

For myself, while I learn music very quickly, it takes me a long time to get it
sounding really good in my voice. It takes even longer to make the music
emotionally my own, to arrive at the stage where I feel it's ready to present to
an audience.

So, unless this recital is some kind of academic requirement you can't postpone,
I would recommend that you seriously consider not doing it in a month and a half
(beginning of May?), but postpone it until you are comfortable performing the
repertoire you want to present.

Peggy

---
mailto:peggyh@i...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17922 Re: fun and light for a mezzoVirginija Bruozis Muliolis   Mon  3/11/2002

emusic.com