Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann Martin" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sun Mar 10, 2002  8:24 pm
Subject:  fun and light for a mezzo

Hi all. Well my recital is the first week of may...and suddenly I find myself
with three NEW pieces of music to learn quickly. I had planned on doing Nel Cor
Pui Non Mi Sento...but I discovered yesterday that two other people will be
doing that sooo I don't want to do it. My voice teacher told me she wants me to
do a Strauss peice called Morgen....either that or Allerseelen. I will also be
doing the Butterworth setting of Lovliest of Trees...which I have always
liked...but just bought the sheet music yesterday! Sooo I am left looking for
an Italian peice...my teacher says something light and fun with lots of movement
to contrast with the Strauss and Loveliest of Trees. Does anyone have a
suggestion? I have been trying to find something all day...and I am getting
stressed! I have had the flu for overa week now and I still have a terrible
voice...I tried to get through Lovliest of Trees yesterday and I sounded like a
wounded frog...I can't belive I have a month and a half to geth these peices
learned and sounding pretty. My teacher is nine months pregnant and she told me
she is taking two weeks off early next month....sooo I will be really on my own.
I wonder if I can do this.

Again please suggest some fun mezzo peices with lots of movement...the peice has
to be Italian. Preferably not something from the 24 Italian songs and arias....
:)

Lea Ann
(STRESSED)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17889 Re: fun and light for a mezzoMezzoid@a...   Sun  3/10/2002
17891 Re: fun and light for a mezzoDean FH Macy   Sun  3/10/2002
17903 Re: fun and light for a mezzoKaren Mercedes   Mon  3/11/2002
17897 Re: fun and light for a mezzoLea Ann Martin   Mon  3/11/2002
17899 Re: fun and light for a mezzoMolly McLinden   Mon  3/11/2002
17904 Re: fun and light for a mezzoKaren Mercedes   Mon  3/11/2002
17902 Re: fun and light for a mezzoKaren Mercedes   Mon  3/11/2002
17913 Re: fun and light for a mezzoszy@n...   Mon  3/11/2002
17906 Re: fun and light for a mezzoODivaTina@a...   Mon  3/11/2002

emusic.com