Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vivian" <vivianh@i...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  7:01 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Pianists, was Audition experience

Fiona, that's a great question. Since getting back into singing recently,
the pianist has been provided. Years ago the payment of pianists always
made me cringe. No one ever told me what to pay them and they never seemed
to bring it up. I ended up paying them a flat rate and what I thought was
acceptable. The pianist always agreed to work with me in the future, so I
guess they were happy.

But it's an important question and I'd love to hear more about what everyone
else does. What about payment for practice sessions vs. performance?

Vivian