Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Martha Merrill" <mem_79@h...>
Date:  Fri Mar 8, 2002  2:32 am
Subject:  Three Mo' Tenors

Hi all,

I'm sending out a belated thank you to those of you who suggested shows to
see in London. I'm about a month behind on reading the posts, so bear with
me if this has already been discussed. I saw a program on PBS this week
featuring the Three Mo' Tenors (or shall I say the Two Tenors and that
strange other guy). I had heard *of* these men before, but had not *heard*
them until this week. The oldest-looking man (sorry I didn't catch names)
was enjoyable to listen to, and the stockier younger man did a thrilling
version of an African-American inspirational, but what I was wondering was
why they were paired with the younger thin man? His voice was rarely
pleasant for me to listen to (just my opinion) and whenever they sang
together, either harmony or unison, it stuck out like a sore thumb. The
strangest thing was he sounded exactly like a woman whenever he sang
anything even remotely high. Any conjectures about the composition of this
group or the program itself (if you happened to catch it).

Martha M.