Vocalist.org archive

From:  "ccgraham7" <ccgraham7@y...>
Date:  Thu Mar 7, 2002  3:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] 2 ?'s from a new list member

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...> wrote:

> Your range is not nearly as important in classifying
> your voice as are other vocal traits, such as where
> certain transitions occur in your voice. If you want
> a good explanation of this, look in Richard Miller's
> The Structure of Singing.
Dear Melinda and list,

Thank you, Melinda for your reply to my fisrt post.

I read a book about a year ago that talked about registration and
passagi, which I'm assuming Melinda is referring to, but I did not
really "get it." Would someone on this list mind explaining these
concepts in simple terms? Also, how can I discover for myself where
the transitions occur in my own voice? (any exercises or anything?)

Thanks,
C.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17831 Re: 2 ?'s from a new list membercjb3927   Thu  3/7/2002
17841 Re: 2 ?'s from a new list memberImthurn Melinda   Fri  3/8/2002
17835 Re: 2 ?'s from a new list memberImthurn Melinda   Fri  3/8/2002
17840 Re: 2 ?'s from a new list memberccgraham7   Fri  3/8/2002

emusic.com