Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Wed Mar 6, 2002  2:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] mystery work

James,
Robert Owens was an American composer of African descent who settled in
Germany for the majority of his composing career. "Somewhere" I have a
xeroxed copy of a manuscript copy of the entire cycle EXCEPT FOR THE LAST
PAGE (a fact I did not find out until I had learned almost the entire cycle
...LOL!) Fortunately the last song, Genius Child, is in Willis
Patterson's Anthology of African-American Art Song. If I can only think
now where I put it...

Stay tuned...

Mark

P.S. It is a great cycle, written on poetry of Langston Hughes, and well
worth doing.