Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Mon Mar 4, 2002  7:05 pm
Subject:  Re[2]: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

Monday, March 04, 2002, 9:33:29 AM, Leslie wrote:

lac> However--you might want to think about raising your prices slowly. People
lac> tend to become extremely upset when the price goes up, even if they KNOW it

lac> is warranted. Doing it gradually might keep you from losing
lac> students...........

Again, it depends on the situation. The last time I raised my prices,
I was partially spurred on by the fact that several of my students
actually asked me when I would raise my rates! In fact, one of them
told me straight out that I was worth more than I was charging. So, I
decided that when I had a certain number of credits toward my Master's
accomplished, I'd give myself an across-the-board raise, much as
schoolteachers receive in making progress toward the next degree. I
raised my rates 33 percent, and nobody objected!

Deanna, use your intuition - you'll know what's right for your current
students.

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL
http://home.earthlink.net/~mbryantsprint/music_business.htm