Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  4:20 pm
Subject:  Ladies' recital attire

I've started buying patterns and fabric and having dresses made for me -
not because I can't find dresses that fit me off-the-rack, but because I'm
really sick of the cookie-cutter styles.

I've been having great fun with vintage and Folkways patterns, and as a
result I end up with some really lovely, unusual, and flattering recital
clothes.

I have also been very lucky at thrift shops. I found my main winter
recital gown for $50 at a Salvation Army store - a red silk Victor Costa
gown that had never been worn - clearly an overstock item donated by some
department store; it still had the original price tag on it - reduced
(several times) to $340 back in 1995!

KM
-----
Ich singe, wie der Vogel singt,