Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Sun Mar 3, 2002  2:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

In a message dated 3/2/2002 5:14:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
LeaAnn@k... writes:

> Yes but where do you live? What are others in your area charging? Telling
> her just to double her rate without a clue as to what others are charging
> is not very smart. In order to get 50 dollars a lesson in this area you had
> better be something special and you had better be in Kansas City. Here in
> the capitol CIty...that would never ever fly. Especially from someone with
> a BA. How would you spring your new doubled rate on your current students
> and expect them to stay with you....I know in my mind I would be looking
> for another instructor.

She mentioned that she is 1/2 hour outside of Seattle. . .That is a
metropolitan area, similiar to the Bay Area where I live. My current teacher
charges $65 an hour, so suggesting that someone with 20 years experience in a
major metro area charge $40 - $50 is extremely reasonable.
TinaO

emusic.com