Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Sat Mar 2, 2002  6:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] can we discuss lesson prices?

In a message dated 3/1/2002 8:15:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a... writes:

> This is my question. Is $25 per hour (for monthly prepaid lessons…..
> $12.5 per lesson for 30 minutes) okay for a teacher with 20 years
> lesson teaching (10 years full time).. a bachelors degree in music
> education and amateur musictheatre & classical performing experience,
> amateur jazz singing experience and 17 paid years as a contemporary
> music church soloist, choir director??

WAAY too low. I charged $25 fresh from an undergrad vocal ped course 8 years
ago.
(And my paltry two students raved about what they learned!) I agree with
Randy. You should be charging $50 an hour. $40 at the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM if $50
feels uncomfortable to you.
TinaO

emusic.com