Vocalist.org archive

From:  "kandahar" <kandahar@i...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  4:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ladies' Recital Attire

Rachel wrote:

subject here, but I really need some advice from the List Ladies on attire
> for my recital.

Another possibility, is to where a two piece outfit: jacket and skirt. Or
even a jacket to wear over one of those sleeveless dresses. In a church at
3 pm on a Sunday, I don't believe you have to be in a full gown. [I've even
worn a--granted, high class, designed for me--pant suit for an evening
recital. I wanted the tone to be more down to earth and close to the
audience. Rather than having me on a pedestal in some overly fancy
gown....] basically, I think almost anything goes, if you wear it with
conviction.

Good luck!

Alleson Aering
kandahar@i...