Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  3:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ladies' Recital Attire

Hi, all. These suggestions are good ones. Something I did a couple of years
ago was to find a plain dress pattern, slightly raised waist, sleeveless dress.
The sleeveless part was for cool, not for looks. THEN I found a great jacket
pattern and had the dressmaker make it 3 times, in different fabrics. The
basic dress is black, a washable fabric, and the jackets are: black sequin, a
black lace/silver fabric, and a somewhat sheer black fabric with gold, white,
and black design. You can alternate jackets for rounds of competition,
sections of recitals, or just to make people think they are NOT seeing you in
the same dress each time. The pattern for my basic dress is an oldie, but I
will look it up if anyone is interested.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy, soprano
Jackson, MS (formerly of Texas)
LYNDA313@a...