Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omi@u...>
Date:  Fri Mar 1, 2002  1:45 am
Subject:  REP: Toothpaste

Aha, I thought that might pique some curiosity on this list of adventurous
musicians!

The toothpaste song is the first of Nicolas Slonimsky's FIVE ADVERTISING
SONGS. The texts, as you've probably guessed, are from real magazine
adverts from the early part of the 20th century, and Slonimsky sets them in
a stylized, parodic way. The songs are very funny. They are only
available in a low-voice key, but I had the first one transposed up to
match a recording my friend played me.

The music is available from Cambria Publishing in Lomita California.

Happy brushing!
Naomi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17693 classical songs for non-classical peopleDolphin aura   Fri  3/1/2002
17697 RE: [vocalist] classical songs for non-classical colin-reed@l...   Fri  3/1/2002
17696 Re: REP: ToothpasteErica Zweig   Fri  3/1/2002

emusic.com