Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Tue Feb 26, 2002  2:27 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Emotional hiccups

debra,

i once cried my way all the way through brahms' 'die mainacht', in
performance. i was complimented very highly and people who had known me for
years said they had never heard me sound so good.

seth riggs uses crying (actually imitating crying) in his exercises.

caruso used to overdo the 'sobs' in his singing.

i have known a few singers who have actually admitted that they try to
cry when they sing certain songs.

i have often found myself in tears at the beginning of working on a
song but, as i got through it, it was almost as if i had found myself on the
other side of a door and that the crying was part of a threshold.

mike

emusic.com