Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Feb 25, 2002  6:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] musical rehearsals

In my (limited) experience, the practice here is to have music rehearsals
BEFORE the start of stage rehearsals. Principals are generally expected to
have coached their parts privately; the chorus will rehearse with the chorus
master/mistress or the music director.

Some contracts state clearly that we MUST have the music memorized by the
start of stage rehearsals, if not before!

Elizabeth Finkler
mightymezzo@h...