Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  2:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ladies' Recital Attire

In a message dated 05/18/2000 10:39:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
despina@p... writes:

<< I've started looking at dresses, but so far it seems everything I find is
(a) sleeveless and (b) high-waisted. I think sleeveless is inappropriate for
church; besides, I have a womanly figure (not fat, just voluptuous) and look
*terrible* in these types of gowns. Have any of you ladies faced this
problem? Any ideas on where I can turn for something different (I live in
Houston, TX)? >>

I've been having the same problem. I am substantial in size, and I need
a new concert dress. Everything I've seen is sleeveless, with an Empire
waist and an a-line skirt - absolutely the worst possible thing I could wear.
(And I agree with you on sleeveless dresses in church. I'm not fond of them
anywhere, because most women are not flattered by sleeveless styles.) I have
found a couple of possibilities at www.davidsbridal.com. You might also try
local bridal shops. The Dillards department store here has a great plus-size
department which has some nice formals. I'm assuming that the Dillards
stores in Texas should have much the same stock.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1775 Ladies' recital attire Karen Mercedes   Fri  5/19/2000   2 KB

emusic.com