Vocalist.org archive

From:  Laurence Helleu <laurence.helleu@f...>
Date:  Sat Feb 23, 2002  2:15 pm
Subject:  musical rehearsals

Hi everybody,
I hope some of you will be able to answer my questions about the schedule of
musical rehearsals in opera houses (soloists, conductor, pianist).

1) Do they usually happen BEFORE scenic rehearsals ?
2) If the answer is no, do you think they should?
3) How many are they?

In Paris Opera Bastille, they are not schduled in advance. The first one may
happen a week or more after the beginning of scenic rehearsals. So when the
director wants to rehearse a scene with a difficult vocal ensemble, the
scenic has to begin with a "little musical", which makes the director loose
time.

Thanks for answering me, I NEED your help on that point!

Laurence

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17657 Re: musical rehearsalsKaren Mercedes   Mon  2/25/2002
17660 Re: musical rehearsalsElizabeth Finkler   Mon  2/25/2002
18038 Re: musical rehearsalsMFoxy9795@a...   Fri  3/15/2002

emusic.com