Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jennifer <ihateegroups@y...>
Date:  Thu Feb 21, 2002  2:22 am
Subject:  Teaching question

I'm a relatively new teacher, and so far I've only
taught female students. Tomorrow I'm teaching my first
male student. He's in high school, has never had
lessons before and sings bass in choir (although I
won't know if he's really a bass until I hear him
sing, and until he's maybe had a few lessons).

So my question is, are there any significant
differences in teaching men and women that I should
know about? I assume the basics like breathing and
posture, etc. are the same, but are there some vocal
things that work differently? Also, what would be good
starting repertoire for someone like this?

Thanks! I can't even begin to express how grateful I
am to be part of such a wonderful resource as this
list!

Jennifer

17637 Re: Teaching questioniamlight2001   Thu  2/21/2002
17659 Re: Teaching questionJennifer   Mon  2/25/2002

emusic.com