Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rose Nightingale Nickerson" <soubrette@b...>
Date:  Sun Feb 17, 2002  12:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Thanks For Your Help!

----- Original Message -----
From: Laura Ruiz
To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 7:08 PM

I can't think of any pieces where you might need
ANYTHING above an F (and even then, the ones requiring an F are very
few). Is it just to be able to do it?

It's Just For My Own Satisfaction. It Gives Me Something To Work For!
:o)My Bottom Note Is An F Below Middle C And I Can Go Even Lower. I'm
Also Working On My Chest Voice <Even Though I've Been Warned By Some That
It's Not Advisable If I Want To Be A Coloratura Soprano> I Just Get A Sense
Of Accomplishment From Expanding My Range.

Truly, I'm baffled. At the same time, impressed with the range you've
added in just a week. Would you and Lea Ann be willing to share the
vocalization techniques that helped you?

I Was Shocked Myself! <Pleasantly So!> Almost Lost My Mind Like Poor Lucia
<G> When My Teacher Told Me What I'd Done! And It's Really Up To Lea Ann If
She Wants To Post Her Technique Or Not. I Wouldn't Feel Right Doing So
Without Her Permission.
And I Have To Tell You That I Worked 2 ~ 3 Hours A Day All Week Just
Working On Reaching Those Notes :o) And It Payed Off!

Rose

emusic.com