Vocalist.org archive

From:  "SlightlyoffBroadway" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Fri Feb 15, 2002  8:05 pm
Subject:  Re: Pop music (was pop-style Broadway)

Lloyd Hanson said:

>evidently anyone now performing such music must meet some criteria
that has been established by the listener's favorite singer. Sad.>

How true when talking about the pop music scene. I'm soooooo tired of the
nasal, throated, low garbage that's being passed off as singing by likes of
our fav. topic of conversation - Britney Spears (and all those like her).
But, considering the entire package is what they're selling
(dancing/singing/suggestive costumes/technical voice tampering), I don't
believe they're much concerned with how she sings. Too bad we can't make
our young students understand this when they aspire to sing just like the
pop divas of today.
Jacqueline
jaxsobcon@n...
Visit our website at:
http://www.slightlyoffbroadway.com
Read Jacqueline's musical theatre articles at:
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre
and
http://www.musicaltheatreinfo.com

Have fun at:
www.geocities.com/sloffbrdway

"There's no business like show business"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17554 Re: Pop music (was pop-style Broadway)Laura Ruiz   Fri  2/15/2002

emusic.com