Vocalist.org archive

From:  "SlightlyoffBroadway" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Fri Feb 15, 2002  8:00 pm
Subject:  Re: Once upon a dream

True - it does sound more "legit" (gee I hate that term) but I had a 15
year old do it in competition a couple years ago and they complimented her
"pop" quality and suggested she might want to experiment with that style as
well.
None the less, it's a great, easier piece of repertoire.
Have you seen some of the choices in the Teen's musical theatre book by Hal
Leonard?
The two that kill me are: Memory and Think of Me.
Considering that a teen can be 13 to 19, I wouldn't allow any of my younger
teens or inexperienced to sing either of these.
Jacqueline
jaxsobcon@n...
Visit our website at:
http://www.slightlyoffbroadway.com
Read Jacqueline's musical theatre articles at:
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre
and
http://www.musicaltheatreinfo.com

Have fun at:
www.geocities.com/sloffbrdway

"There's no business like show business"

emusic.com