Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 15, 2002  4:19 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

In a message dated 02/14/2002 12:00:48 PM Central Standard Time,
jgargano@d... writes:

<< NEVER BELT! I use to be a belter when I was with my first teacher and that
is a huge no no! >>

Just to clarify ... there is nothing I love more than a good belt voice. I
wish I had one. And the people with belt voices that I admire the most, when
I've asked them, "How did you learn that?", have ALL answered me: "I've
always done that. What I had trouble with was learning how NOT to belt and
how to mix out of it." And these are not high laryngeal yellers. These are
the belters with gorgeous chest-dominant mixes. I love musical theater, both
legit and belt. I have belters but they already know to do that. What they
come to me for is to mix and I can do that. I can give them belt type songs
and have them sing them beautifully -- but they don't want to be limited.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com