Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Thu Feb 14, 2002  7:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

In a message dated Thu, 14 Feb 2002 2:11:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:

> In a message dated 2/14/2002 9:58:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> farmer@a... writes:
>

> > I have never gotten the impression that she felt that the
> > lower register was bad or wrong, but rather that it could be damaging
> > for young girls' voices. She used, as an example, Andrea McArdle and
> > the Broadway play "Annie", and seemed to feel that the belting she did early

That's not belting, that's yelling and that's the problem with classical ears
when they listen to non-classical production. They assume that coming out of
chest on the bottom will automatically result in yelling (what they consider
belt) as they go higher. The upper mix is the key which is something a child
can learn if the teacher knows how to teach it.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17533 Disappearing for a while!Ian Belsey   Fri  2/15/2002
17548 Re: Disappearing for a while!Erica Zweig   Fri  2/15/2002

emusic.com