Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Thu Feb 14, 2002  5:12 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

Well, maybe I'm taking this too personally

Chris, are you a Scorpio? (((grin))) I am and I take everything too
personally!

You made me grin when you wrote “I didn’t mean she would have to sing
Alma del Core’ until she’s blue in the face!” ha! Why not!? Actually,
I’ve found that my little pop singer divas ask “can I sing an opera song
Miss Deanna?” after they hear my daughter singing opera in the recital.
So there is more than one way to tame Christina Aguellerra and Alicia
Keyes devotees! On the other hand I agree with Randy B. about serving
the “client’s” needs. I’ve had guys come in who are blowing out their
voices singing in blues/rock bands in taverns in Tacoma. I’m not going
to have him sing Caro mio ben, BUT he does do technique work and they
learn what they want to serve their voice and go back to singing in the
tavern hoping a record producer hears them!

Deanna who secretly studies astrology so I don’t take things too
personally.

Most of my students are fire signs or Taurus, by the way...!!!

---

emusic.com