Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Thu Feb 14, 2002  7:35 am
Subject:  re: classical and then belting

Vicky writes: After finally getting some
consistent "ping" in my upper passagio, I went to practice "Never Never
Land" from Peter Pan, and found to my surprise that I could finally
belt the whole thing comfortably. Prior to that, I

….

Deanna says! Yes!!! I have discovered this as well with (hiding behind
my desk) my teen students who I’ve been teaching to belt as well as
singing classically. The muscle coordination for breath support for the
upper passagio translates somehow through neuro-muscular connection to
the coordination needed to belt without the accompanying neck tension
that is so risky for almost everyone. I haven’t been able to break it
down in my own mind how this happens, so I just really work with the
students to achieve the clarity (or “ping”) in that mid-upper register
and then go to the songs that need belting.

Deanna

---

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17498 Re: classical and then beltingVicki Bryant   Thu  2/14/2002

emusic.com