Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Thu Feb 14, 2002  6:00 am
Subject:  Balancing performing and teaching

Hi, fellow listers,

This is a question for other voice teachers: How much time (clock
hours) do you spend actually teaching as compared to the percentage
of your income earned from teaching?

I'm asking because I'm trying to decide whether to reduce my teaching
load...right now I'm at about 19 actual teaching hours per week, with
teaching being 80% of my income source, but I'm booking a lot more
performances than last year, and I'm still working on my Masters degree.
I feel like I'm teetering on the brink of overload...

I don't want advice, just other perspectives. If you'd prefer to
email me privately, that's fine.

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL
http://home.earthlink.net/~mbryantsprint/music_business.htm