Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Thu Feb 14, 2002  2:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

In a message dated 2/13/2002 7:51:40 PM Central Standard Time,
Mezzoid@a... writes:

> To use my food analogy, limiting her to only legit music would be like
> making
> her eat vegetables all the time. I think she should start with legit and
> have a little taste of the other... she's too young to make these decisions
>
> herself.

I don't think she's too young to make decisions for herself. A lot of
singers start off wanting to sing musical theater stuff, are steared away
from it and when they come back to it can't handle the coordination that is
demanded.

They should train towards what their interests are from day one so they can
succeed at it instead of having things thrown at them that don't relate to
their goals. It's a big waste of time in my opinion. If you want to be an r&
b musician, what good is bach? It doesn't add up. You should be looking at
Stevie Wonder instead.

emusic.com