Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Thu Feb 14, 2002  1:08 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

In a message dated 2/13/2002 4:49:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
buzzcen@a... writes:

> This does not mean she is belting. The problem with many legit
> teachers is that they have a true prejudice against the female chest voice,
> don't know how to handle it and seek to eliminate it from the student's
> singing under the misguided guise that it is healthier. There is no data
> support such claims.

Hear hear!!! Hence my LOOONG recent discussion about the importance of heavy
mechanism in good, balanced singing and the misconception by so many "legit"
teachers that the heavy mechanism is to be avoided.
You might just engage your daughter's teacher in a little technical
discussion and ask her her beliefs about vocal technique. If you can write
down some notes and bring her answers back here to the List, perhaps we can
all help you decipher what she is talking about (if you don't feel qualified
to do it yourself.)
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17490 Re[2]: [vocalist] Pop-style BroadwayVicki Bryant   Thu  2/14/2002
17493 Re: classical and then beltingEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Thu  2/14/2002
17498 Re: classical and then beltingVicki Bryant   Thu  2/14/2002
17491 Balancing performing and teachingVicki Bryant   Thu  2/14/2002

emusic.com