Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Wed Feb 13, 2002  11:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

In a message dated 2/13/2002 4:22:38 PM Central Standard Time,
Mezzoid@a... writes:

> I think she should be made to understand that she needs to sing healthy,
> legit stuff first and get her technique down and that you are prescribing
> rep
> for her that will help her do that. If she won't sing rep you assign her,
> she's being spoiled. She doesn't get to eat only chocolate at dinner, I'm
> sure.

I find this way of thinking off base. A purely legit technique will never
translate to the aesthetic demands of the modern stuff. If she's interested
in having the modern sound she needs to train towards that with a solid
connection out of chest and the ability to mix much higher in the voice.
Training only on legit stuff with that sort of production will exclude her
from doing what she may really want to do. Working on literature that
demands that production will only cement her inability to sing the more
modern stuff.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com