Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Feb 13, 2002  10:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Pop-style Broadway

In a message dated 02/13/2002 4:14:53 PM Central Standard Time,
alklaus@y... writes:

<< The Musical Theater Anthology pieces
aren't poppish/contemporary enough for her. >>

Well, I would not recommend anything from Rent or any of those shows, besides
the fact that I think the rep is too mature for her in terms of thematic
material. There are books of MT rep for kids, particularly a book called
KIDS' B'WAY SONGBOOK published by Hal Leonard.

I think she should be made to understand that she needs to sing healthy,
legit stuff first and get her technique down and that you are prescribing rep
for her that will help her do that. If she won't sing rep you assign her,
she's being spoiled. She doesn't get to eat only chocolate at dinner, I'm
sure.

G*d, that makes me sound old.... LOL

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com