Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sheila Graham" <sheilagraham@b...>
Date:  Wed Feb 13, 2002  3:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Belta' Crudele?

arado_ge wrote: I think you may have the name confused.

No, she doesn't have the name confused - 'Belta crudele' (with an accent on the
a of belta) is on the Bartoli 'Rossini Recital' CD ('Giovanna d'Arco' and 19
Rossini songs).

I have tried for some time to get the music for this song, both here and in
Italy, but without success. I believe that Classical Vocal Reprints in the US
may have a copy - but that's definitely a maybe, I'm really not sure! For some
reason they won't sell to me because I'm not in the US, copyright problems
presumably, but in any case Rossini actually wrote 3 versions of Belta crudele,
and I would want be sure which version I was buying, which is difficult without
seeing the music first.

It's a great song; vocally not that easy, but the piano part sounds so
pedestrian that I've been tempted to transcribe it by ear, and perform the song
anyway! (Or maybe I should say My Way)!!

Regards,

Sheila

\ o / Sheila Graham
/__\ Mezzo-Soprano, Edinburgh, Scotland

www.sheilagraham.demon.co.uk

'She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything' (Bellini)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17467 Re: Belta' Crudele?arado_ge   Wed  2/13/2002

emusic.com