Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ja-Naé" Duane <elektra1313@y...>
Date:  Mon Feb 11, 2002  8:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Having a problem memorizing lyrics.

--- Joe Gargano <jgargano@d...> wrote:
> I have a problem remembering lyrics to a piece I
> have heard a million times.

Hey Joe!

This method of memorizing has helped me millions of
times......and I know tons of people who swear by it:

1) read the lyrics over and over again like it's
poetry or text. Do NOT move onto the music until the
lyrics are completely memorized.

2) Say text in rhythm. Do NOT move on until this
portion is memorized.

3) then add the melody

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ja-Naé

=====
Up and Coming diva,founder of the National Artistic Effort, and expert
self-promoter, Ja-Nae Duane, is taking the music world by storm.....one gig at a
time.
Check out:http://www.Ja-Nae.com

For more information on the National Artistic Effort, please go
to:http://us.geocities.com/elektra1313/index.html
Join the Club!:NAE@yahoogroups.com