Vocalist.org archive

From:  Fiona Chow <fionat@i...>
Date:  Mon Feb 11, 2002  7:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] /Repertoire Info for my Daughter Songs in English

Hi again Deanna,

I own three settings of this fabulous Emily Dickinson poem called "Will
there really be a morning?" and they are all so beautiful. One of them in
particular would probably suit a light young mezzo (one is quite high) - I
THINK this one is by Ricky Gordon. They are all by American composers.
Anyhow, the poem is fantastic and so are these three settings - when I am
near my music I will check for you. :).

Depending on personality - Ives' Two LIttle Flowers can be wonderful, but it
is not for everyone!

Or Barber's The Daisies.

I also LOVE Quilter - Now Sleeps the Crimson petal (hey i think i learned
this when i was 18), Love's Philosophy and Fair House of Joy.

Fiona

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17394 Re: /Repertoire Info for my Daughter Songs in EngElizabeth Finkler   Mon  2/11/2002
17398 Re: /Repertoire Info for my Daughter Songs in Engmadamecallas01@a...   Tue  2/12/2002

emusic.com