Vocalist.org archive

From:  <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Feb 11, 2002  6:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I'm Back! And College/Repertoire Info for my Daughter

Deanna wrote:

<<I need to choose a 2nd song for her to sing along with Batti Batti and the
state contest at the end of April. I've been considering some Rossini art
song.Does anyone have suggestions? The duet that Nora sang with my soprano
student (who is a high school senior) was "La guarda sorella" from Cosi fan
Tutte. I need to teach them a 2nd duet also for state, I'm thinking of Purcell.
What do you folks think?>>

A good Rossini duet is La Pesca - lovely tune and nothing in the text that would
be inappropriate for young singers (looking out over the water).

Rossini songs - look at the 3 Regatta Veneziana. I think the last of the 3 is
the one that works best without the other two - usually they're all performed
together. There also is a Regatta Veneziana duet.

Purcell duets - there are so many. Sound the Trumpet is a popular one. I have
at home a small two-volume Purcell duet anthology which has many nice ones of
varying degrees of difficulty.

Peggy

emusic.com