Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri May 19, 2000  12:57 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] French diction

>From: "Leslie Jones" <LJones@s...>
>
>Chris Thomas wrote,
>
> "Grubb's book is out of print, according to Amazon.com and I have to
>teach French diction in the fall!!! Anyone know anything about WHY it's
>out
>of print, if they're reissuing it?"
>
> I ran into this when preparing for my everything-in-one-semester
>diction
>class this semester, too (I was looking for it as a reference/resource for
>myself; I used the Wall book for the class text; good, if a little flawed).

I bought John Moriarty's "Diction for Singers" on the recommendation of my
teacher. (She studied with Moriarty at BCM.) Took about six weeks to get
it from amazon.com.

[Lana, can you do something about that?]

Anyway, Moriarty uses IPA and a fairly comprehensible assortment of rules.
But I'm still afraid of the French Police.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I don't think of myself as a canary. I am a big, bad-a** mockingbird.